Join a group of like-minded people focused on Mental Health, Simple Living, and Wellness. Click HERE to join the Rainy Days + Coffee Facebook Community.
The change of seasons brings simple seasonal pleasures to my table. One of these guilty pleasures is pumpkin spice. This weekend, I headed to my local Trader Joe’s and picked up a few pumpkin spiced flavored items. To name a few, I got pumpkin spiced almond milk, pumpkin pancake mix, and pumpkin bread + muffin mix. I love breakfast food and Fall so I decided to kick off the first Fall weekend with an autumn inspired breakfast!
How to make Pumpkin Spiced Banana Waffles
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 Cup of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake Mix
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp of Granola
- Preheat Waffle griddle to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Add eggs, milk and butter in a bowl and whisk.
- Add Pumpkin Spice mix and batter. Do not over mix or it will be lumpy.
- Lightly grease griddle with cooking spray or oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle
- Allow waffle to cook for 1 to 2 minutes until lightly brown
- Set waffle onto a plate and add maple syrup, banana slices, and granola.
This recipe is vegetarian friendly and healthy! If you’re vegan, you can substitute the egg with flaxseed and add vegan butter. This recipe is the perfect breakfast to eat on Halloween, thanksgiving or any autumn day. I’ll also be posting more fall recipes for October. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite autumn recipes are. And if you liked this post, be sure to share and subscribe!